Translator

Friday, April 5, 2013

So this is from 3-28... I wrote it when my internet had first gone down and I thought it would be back on up 3-29, but no such luck and I'll explain in my next entry. Today is 2-parter since I want to get you guys caught up on what's been going on. But here's the delayed entry:

I'm feeling better today, a little anyway... I got some much needed rest, and some much needed smoke blowing up my ass, and I'm back in working order now. Note: I work better when I feel appreciated. I don't know why, it's just the way I work.

But anyway, so thanks to Xan I'm able to keep my car, cos he's awesome like that. But now I'm just working on keeping a roof over Nojuan and I's head while saving money towards my next car payment. I have money towards it, but that money is going to go to paying Xan back when I can have the time in a day to actually go to a store and wire him the money I owe him for helping me out the way he has.

But anyway, I've been sleeping as late as I can to make up for how late the two of us keep staying up due to visits with Mary to help with post-work pains. I've got lower spine deterioration so going up and down apartment stairs, and getting in and out of the car as often as I do during the night is affecting my left hip in a pretty bad way. But I have to do what it takes to get money, even if it does hurt me. That's part of working though.

As per the smoke blowing, that happened the other night at work, and yesterday afternoon when another store called me. I worked at another store a couple days ago, doing their open shift and then went to my store after, as mentioned in the last entry, yesterday morning the manager called me to see if I could work a day shift for her. When I let her know I worked 5:30-8:30 at my store last night, she was let down, and was pretty vocal about it. Not in a bitchy way, but in a sad, let down way which made me smile.

The other night though I had to deliver to a hotel in Hotel Row, a cluster of a few hotels, and it was for the front desk, but when I got there, the lady let me know she had to call down the person who was paying for it. She told me to put my smile on since it was from my corporate office. I thought she was joking... No, she wasn't. Guy comes down, hands me his card, introduces himself and his friend.

Oh my fucking god, this guy is my boss' boss, and if I fuck this up I'm fucked fucked fucked!!! <---That was me on the inside. On the outside, I was calm, cool, collected, smiling and laughing at the right points, and trying not to piddle myself. Got it all said and done and when I got back to my store, I told Mitch about meeting the guy and he let me know he had to call him since that was the rule. Once someone has the kind of run in I did, he has to call the guy and ask what his view of me was. What I got to hear on my side was a bunch of ass-kissing and smoke blowing up my ass on Mitch's end.

 In the end, turns out I made an impression on the guy because Mitch let me know he was  impressed with my level of customer service and how I handled the situation. Apparently if he hadn't liked me then Mitch would have been letting me go that night. *phew* Time to collapse on the floor and breathe an even bigger sigh of relief.

Oh! I got Nojuan to try pizza from Domino's, which he hadn't done in years and he liked it! Apparently they're much better now than they had been when he last ate their pizza. So it's now safe to bring home pizzas if we have money to spare since I get half off pizzas anyway. Well, I think I've chatted enough, so I'm going to head off. I have a couple more things to do before work.

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment