Translator

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Fucking Army...

Fair warning: What you are about to read is because although I am U.S. born, I think this country fights the most stupid fucking ridiculous wars and costs countless lives for no reason other than striking fear into the hearts of other countries. With that being said, you can either continue reading or drop off. But I need to get this out.

When I was a teen I made money for gas to get to and from school while juggling one single car with my gram for work and her work around my schedule. I made that money baby-sitting 2 young rambunctious Dachshund pups named Blake and Tiffany. She was 4 when I started and now she's going to be 18 this year, he's in his 20's and he was only 8 when I started watching them. I watched them for a few years but still kept in touch when I was no longer watching them because from time to time their mom would ask me to be a watcher instead of a sitter since I was basically their friend the older they got on me.

I got her over her fear of horror movie monsters and got her into so many things same with him, but his mountain to overcome was homophobia. As difficult as getting a pup to not cower in fear when Nightmare on Elm Street is on TV. It's safe to say I did get maternal instinct for these 2 even though I have no pups of my own and don't plan to anytime soon to be honest with you.

I jumped on FB for just a moment and that moment was all it took for me to see it. The picture I never thought I would see. My little trouble-making terror standing with her back to the wall wearing with a smile, a full set of army fatigues with news that she was going in when she finished high school... I didn't even know she was interested in going in at all so seeing that was just a huge, unexpected shock for me so I'm not doing too good.

I already hate the whole institution for reasons mentioned above and to know my little not-my-pup is going into that kills me.

 I need to take a break and clarify real quick before someone aims an RPG at my head... I don't have an issues with those people fighting the war, unless they just want to go kill for the fuck of killing and getting away with it (sorry to say it but ya'll do know it's out there otherwise there wouldn't be video proof on youtube). Those who fight because they think it is a good fight, or they're going for any other reason that's good, I have no qualms with them. My gramps fought in WWII, and he was not a senseless man so I know there are people who go in for the good fight. I just have no respect for idiots like this...

But anyway, I hate the thought of dreading the phone call or e-mail that she got killed in some attack from the other side. It's too fucking much for me.

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment