Translator

Friday, April 5, 2013

Now that I've got that last blog posted....

So the internet didn't come back until late last night, shortly after I got home, which was dangerously close to midnight after going in at 5. I love 7 hour nights like that, but sadly, my time got wasted on small tip runs that were way far out so I was on the road 30-40 min at a time at a long run instead of squeezing in 2 much shorter runs. The 30-40 minutes would be fine, if it was for a multiple delivery run, but just one? That kills my tips.

Now, before I forget, I need to say thank you to my newest viewers, but I'll save that for after, this is pretty much just a reminder to myself when I re-read before posting. I always forget things ^_^'.

So anyway, lemme do the quick run down of stuff I won't be elaborating on. Basically all that's been going on up until Easter Sunday (which, didn't anyone find it odd that it landed on March 321st this year o.0?) which is where I'll kick back into elaborate mode, is working, sleeping, eating, showering, drinking (not booze), visits with Mary and stressing. That's pretty much it from 3-25 until 3-30... Nothing special enough to mention or elaborate on besides me being in a shitty mood since the internet went down from 3-28 until today.

Now, what makes 3-31 such a special day? I'll tell you this: It has nothing to do with religion...

So back on 3-16 I decided fuck Progressive and their annoying mascot and switched over to Nationwide since they offered me a MUCH better deal for the same exact coverage, plus roadside assistance and vanishing deductible. So I did the switch online and paid my down payment on it and went about my business, until 3-31.

Now, lemme give you some details about 3-31 I was working with Sheby, a Thomson's Gazelle, and Stephen, a badger with a slight stutter problem when he gets stressed, and it's my first time opening my store. I've opened at another store, but no two Domino's are the same in their processes so Sheby and Stephen, who have done this numerous times are helping me learn everything and we start getting a few runs, then out of nowhere we get slammed super hard. We have people waiting and waiting for their food to get their since everyone has decided to start ordering online or calling in and I kid you not... I left the store with one run and when I came back there were six more and it's making my poor Thylacine head spin! x.x

So, I'm on a 3-delivery run, since they were all in the same community (THANK GODS) and I'm on my way back to help knock out more runs when I see lights behind me... I'm running over everything in my head... Was I speeding? Lights out? Tags are fine... So...why?

I pull over and this greyhound walks up to my window and gives me the whole, "Know why I pulled you over?" speech and all I can do is shake my head and ask if my lights were out or anything of that nature and he lets me know the worst thing I could hear at this very moment. "You have no insurance." Aaaaaaaaannnd cue the ice water down the back.

You see, in the state of Georgia, anytime a cop is behind you they have to run your tag to check and see if you're wanted, the car is stolen, license is fine, and of course....insurance. Now, if you have no insurance, legally they can't let you drive away. They tell you to have your boss or someone you know come get you and they tow your car away with a hefty fine until you can bring them proof of insurance. So when he says that to me, I ask him "Can I call my insurance? Because I do have it. Can I call them and find out why it's not showing up for you? Maybe it's just a computer issue?"

He tells me go ahead because if it's just not showing up for him and a rep can verify I do have it, no problem, I can go. I get on the phone with Nationwide, and they let me know what the problem was. You see, when I was back in FL, living with my mom and gram, I was piggy-backing my gram's insurance, and when I moved off onto my own plan, she kept me on as an occasional driver since her eyes are going bad, or if she needed medical attention, I could drive her. When I moved to GA, apparently she never removed me. So when I set everything on-line, the system didn't show me as a driver elsewhere just yet so it accepted everything. What I didn't know was that the minute it did find that, it kicked me out even though I was sent the whole welcome package and everything, including the insurance card I showed the officer.

So they let me know that she needed to remove me from her insurance before they could sign me up and that means going to her local branch. It's Sunday, they won't be open. So I let the cop know what's going on and ask if I can call my gram real quick to pass on the message and he's being real nice and patient so far, thank gods, and tells me to go on ahead. The call with my gram is quick and to the point and she lets me know she'll have my mom take her to the branch tomorrow and after this call I look at the cop, I'm about to cry, I'm about to have a fit, I'm seriously on the verge of a damn anxiety attack and I ask him, can I call my boss so he can get his car topper and give me a ride back to the store?

This is where I almost jumped the cop. He lets me go. He tells me he's hearing everything and he saw I wasn't lying to him or playing stupid when I told him I did have insurance and didn't know that it was actually quite the opposite. I was totally honest with him and he even heard me getting things set up to where I can go ahead and get insurance on my car. I lose it. I broke down crying because he just saved me from towing costs, no insurance fines, and losing my job as a delivery driver. He told me to be careful since he couldn't get me safety for the whole day, or even until I got it all straightened out, but to get it taken care of ASAP and walks back to his car.

I love the fuck out of that cop, because I did get my insurance the next day after gram took my off hers, and everything is fine now on that front. I'm just waiting for my new forms and information. But still.... That cop did me such a huge favor, I'll never forget him.

In other news, Nick the weasel and Stephanie the chihuahua are getting their hours cut more and more since he's not doing good and she's just not friendly at all. She's bossy and rude, I've already mentioned a couple of run-ins with her myself.

Mitch wanted to start doing some employee of the month for drivers and the inside crew, one of each, so I'm trying my damnedest to make sure I get in there at some point ^_^. Yes, I try to best them all.

Anywho, I think that's enough to get you all caught up on what's been going on, and now for my special thank you that I mentioned earlier.

Thank you to Russia and the U.K. for joining the list of those reading my blog! ^-^!!!!! It makes me super happy to have more viewers in other countries. I still have Germany and the U.S. but it's finally expanding further and that makes me do the happy dance! So thank you all very much for watching me now with Germany and the U.S. Much love to all of you!

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment