Translator

Sunday, January 5, 2014

So I'm just sitting outside, listening to some Jazz while I wait for Nojuan to walk Jack. Got some stuff on my mind tonight involving our living situation... And the roommate situation...

Xan is Nojuan's friend, same as I am, but there is a big difference between Xan and I.

Nojuan has BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder for those of you who might confuse it with BiPolar Disorder) and for a while we would get into some pretty wicked fights and we wouldn't understand, "Where the hell did this even come from?" So we went to the library together back in 2011 and we found a book written for people with BPD, and for those who love them and either just have them as friends, or as loved ones. We both read it so I could understand him and he could have a better understanding of his disorder. Since then we do still fight, but nowhere near as bad as we used to.

Because of that book, and various web-sites, I've learned his triggers, or other things that cause one of his "fits". And knowing these, I avoid them as best as I can, or calm him down during a "fit".

Xan knows Nojuan has BPD and he can't always control his emotions, or reactions, and yet he won't research it. Living with someone, or even knowing a friend in a non-communal situation, that has BPD is a two way road. BOTH parties have to figure out how to work together and Xan refuses. It has caused fights that rival our old fights when it was just Nojuan and myself, and Xan hates fighting but won't do his part. I just don't know what to do...

I want to do what's best for us, but not mess up friendships, you know? I don't know...

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment