Translator

Friday, January 10, 2014

Okay, so I saw an article that really, really irritated me. You can read it --->here<---, but I'm still going to short hand it here.

Basically the guy took his car to the dealership for a warranty paint issue, an employee (when the dealership was closed) broke in and took the car for a joyride. During said joyride the car sheared off a telephone pole, causing the lovely little image below.



Now... The police are saying that because the car was in temporary legal possession of the dealership, the blame only falls on the dealership. Who, by the way, is refusing the payout for what the car was actually worth.

I'm sorry, but the business was closed, meaning it was breaking in to get the keys to the car, and then taking the car, that's FULLY the employee. It's considered theft on the employee's part because he BROKE IN to his place of business, STOLE the keys, and then obviously STOLE the car. Yes, he got fired, but he should have to pay towards the replacement, or payout, instead of all of the blame falling on the dealership.

Now, all of the blame shouldn't fall on him either. The dealership should have had a better alarm system. Some places have the kind of alarm system that if it's shut off before a certain time, the alarm company calls the cops and the owner just to be safe. That is the kind that all dealerships should have because there are people, like this guy, who obviously know how to turn off the system. If they don't have a system then that makes them totally liable, aside from the fact that the guy stole it.

For me it's kind of even. The business should have had better security, and the guy shouldn't have been stupid enough to steal the car. I think BOTH parties should be held at fault, and the guy should definitely be arrested for auto theft. It is theft because the company didn't know he was going to be there, didn't know he even took the car until the next day. So yes, he should be arrested, and both should have to pay. I don't see what is so hard about this to handle.

I don't know... Maybe it's because I'm getting jerked around by my old leasing company, but I'm having a really big irritation issue over this. Anyway, I'm leaving the chat now so I can get ready for work, but I'll talk to you lovely folks later.

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment