Translator

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Wifi can be so unreliable and I'm learning this the hard way. Wifi is actually the internet I always use, and it's through Comcast, need I say more??

So anyway, net went down again for the past few days and of course when it does come back on we're due to get bad storms here in Kennesaw for the next 2 days. Which is code for, "Hey Lily, don't enjoy the net too long." Damn comcast and damn wifi.

Anyway, so in other news, I realized I've been doing something at work, subconsciously, and it took yesterday's almost aneurism to point it out to me. Some person (idiot fucking moronic dumbshit) has been putting the pizza pans in the soap water, without doing a hot rinse to break off almost all the grease first, which of course leaves this filmy, disgusting water. Which also means the pans have to be removed, the water dumped and refreshed, the pans, now with wet layers of grease to be rinsed off and THEN put in the new soapy water. I've been bitching to anyone who would hear me out for almost 2 weeks now and yesterday... Yesterday I berated an elder.

Now for those of you reading this who don't know me, I have VAST amounts of respect for my elders; I never say a mean word to them (almost even when they start with me). I have put up with them being rude (uncalled for) to me and judging (because of gauges in my ears and styles I put my head fur into) and still smiled because they come from a time I wish I could have been around in. It's out of envy and respect that I try to be polite and kind to them as often as possible. Until yesterday.

Harvey, an old armadillo, right as I came around the corner dumped a whole stack of pans in the water I had just run before going out on a run and coming back. Before I could even stop myself, this berating, shaming tone word-vomited his name out of my mouth and it startled both him and the opossum who was doing dishes of his own. He looked right at me as more spilled out before I could put up the flood gates. "Tell me I didn't just see you doing that!?"

The same guy who says to me anytime I'm complaining about it, "I know Lily, people are dumbasses. They just need to learn how to do their job right," turns around and does it himself! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't caught him doing it. Luckily after that I was able to shut the flood gates because I saw how red he got in embarrassment. It caught me off guard too that I erupted like that but Hell...

Which helped me see the thing I've been doing. To make sure dishes are being done right, not only do I opt to be the Dish Bitch at closing, but even throughout the day I'm the one sneaking in the back to make sure I'm the one doing dishes when I'm on shift. Instead of doing boxes, I'm doing dishes. Someone else can do the boxes... I didn't even mean to start it but I can't stand it when people don't do the job we're paid the same amount to do and I'm having to clean behind them. I might as well beat them to the punch and make sure it's done right.

Speaking of the devil, I have to get out of here and get my tail to work.

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment