Translator

Monday, May 20, 2013

What I will say is this... I hate Comcast. I hate it with the fiery passion of 1,000 suns. (Props if you know what that's from). The internet only came back on as of today. Since the day after my last post it has been down, sometimes not even showing as an option on the computer, so I wouldn't be lying if I said I wasn't a smidge irritated. I'm paying them for what? Grrrr...

Anyway, I don't really have anything new to talk about, just wanted to give you guys an update that I'm alive. I haven't been killed off yet. I am however off work today, and Nojuan and Xan have stricken me with bed rest since my right ankle has been severely sprained and I kept working with it. I had to deliver to this one house with only 2 steps, but the second step was basically two steps in one, basically meant for a damn gazelle, and when I came down off the second step my ankle wobbled and popped. Since then it's been out of commission but I kept walking about on it, including working with it. Including conquering apartment stairs and sharp inclines with it. It's gotten so that I really can't put any weight on it without extreme pain, so the opossum and folf (fox x wolf) have basically tied me to the bed so I can't damage it more.

I know, I know, I do need to rest it... But I'm my grand-father's grand-kit. I get all my stubbornness and work ethic from him. He would have kept working with it until he knew he could take a break, so today is me taking my break.

Well, I'm off, I have stuff I need to catch up to date on, and I still really don't have anything to talk about, so I'll... Actually... I have to tell you about what happened 3-4 days ago.

So, I get to work, and I'm opening with Mitch, Mike, and one of our two Matts, and when I get there, off to the side is a large, 20 pizza, timed order for Copeland's. And all day I'm hoping I'll get this order, because something that big, to a place that high class, you know there will be a good tip in there. I've got a tire showing thread, I need a good tip from this, as well as good tips all day so I can swing rent. Luck was on my side and I did get the order.

So for the first ten pizzas coming out of the oven Mike and Matt were running it while Mitch made the pizzas and fed them in the oven. I was manning the phones, and for every five pizzas, I had to run them out to my car so that when the order was done, I could just take off. The first 10 went fine, and then Mike had a run and for some reason Mitch decided to get on the phones when there were still a few pizzas to be made so I had to take over the oven while Matt took to making the last few. So I'm doing fine, but when I get to the last set of five, Mitch comes over and bags the 3rd set of five for me, while I'm doing the last five, and it's at this point I notice that 2 of my last 5 are missing. They're not on the top rack so I asked Matt if he was making the last two, and Mitch snapped at me to check the bottom oven, which I hadn't been made aware it was on since all 18 had been coming out of the top oven so far.

So I checked and sure enough the bottom two are in there, that's great, but when I turn around to look for their boxes, I see the ones coming out and the labels I have don't match. At some point during the first ten pizzas, Matt and Mike were moving so fat they weren't paying attention and must have used the wrong boxes, so now Mitch is talking to me like it's my fault and telling me that if I can't man the oven I need to just get out of the way. Okay, that's one snap, I'll take it. He's flustered since this is a giant order, this early in the day, for a high class place that's never order for us before. I can understand his worries. But he takes it too far.

He tells me that now he's worried I'm not going to represent him well since I'm all flustered and not doing shit right. So I let him know I'll be fine, and he tells me he's still not sure, he should send Matt to do it, but I put my foot down and let him know I've got it. I'm fine. I'm not as flustered as he thinks I am, and I'll be just fine. So I take the last two bags out to my car along with a bag of plates, napkins, and Mitch's card, which at this point I want to rip up, but I have special instructions for it.

So I get to Copeland's and everything goes just great. I laugh and chat with the guy who had actually placed the large order while I unloaded the bags, and when all is said and done, he told me that if I ever wanted some good food to come back and he'd see me to dinner. And then he hands me my tip with a huge, Cheshire cat smile and tells me to have a good day. I get back out to my car and go to put the tip in my box and nearly drop. I had two crisp $20 bills in my hand. I seriously just got a $40 tip from this guy, and I did good on the run. I'm a preening peacock all the way back to the store with Save Rock & Roll blaring.

I get back to the store and the guy had called Mitch and spoken to him about what a great job I did getting the pizzas to them, and how nice of an employee I was. I had won them over, and granted Mitch new business. I love it.

I virtually just bitch slapped my manager and it was the first time in a long time I wore a perma-smile that long.

Thinking back on it, I'm smiling again, because it was worth showing him his ass to take the snapping before I had left the store, and him talking down to me.

Signing off,

Lily

ps- This post almost didn't happen because the internet died again at the end. Had to reset it again and got it back on. I'm going to have to kill someone at Comcast. I'm just not paying my damn bill, and I'm going to find a new carrier.

No comments:

Post a Comment