Translator

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

So, now that we're back home, I can tell you a little bit more about me.

I've mainly lived in FL my whole life, up until 2011, which as I mentioned is when I came up here to GA to watch my friend get married. Back in FL I lived in Palm Beach County for 3 years on and off, but the rest of it was spent in Volusia County, which is best known as being the home of Daytona Beach. I'm not from Daytona itself, I'm from an area North of it called Ormond Beach.

I grew up there, through numerous tourist seasons come and gone, I made it through without a mishap during all of the events. Bike Week, Biketoberfest, Spring Break (when they still allowed it before it got banned), BCR (Black College Reunion for Bethune Cookman College), the list goes on a bit, but you get the gist of it all. If you're from the area then you know how much of a hassle it can be to get through those seasons.

Speaking of seasons... I would rather have hurricanes than these tornadoes.

I've bounced from job to job before I finally settled in at 7-11 for 4 and a half long, torturous years. You know, it wasn't even the work that was hard because I loved going in every night to bust my ass so hard I didn't notice the time flying by. It was the managers. I only had 3 good ones out of 9 managers, 3 district managers and 1 regional manager (who was the one that got me canned in the end). Of all the things to get fired for, going over my allowance by $1.31 is what does me in. It wasn't the stealing -only food never $$ like the retards go for- (cos I was just too damn good) or the texting on the job, or the personal calls at night, it was the damn payroll deduction which everyone got away with. Let me explain what payroll deduction is.

At 7-11 you get paid bi-weekly. From each of those 2 weeks you are given an allotment of $40 that you can use -OF YOUR OWN MONEY- to get drinks or food if you have no money between checks. It can only be $40 and $40 from the 2 weeks, not $30 and $50, even though it adds up to $80. One of those weeks I spent $1.31 OVER the $40 and I got fired a few days later. Ain't that about a bitch? The thing everyone gets away with, I do once on accident and I get fired? Thylacine hating bastards. It's okay, even the state agreed with me that it was bull, because I got unemployment for it from them for it! HA! Take that 7-11!!

Sorry, they insight a little bit of a rage with me when I think about how they screwed me over. I was out of a job for 6 months after that. That was in June of 2011, and in October, on the 30th, I came up here to GA with Nojuan (roommate) to watch his little brother/my friend get married. In November we got offered the chance to stay here with his family until we could get on our feet and here we are!

Well, I think I'm chatted enough for tonight. I need to get to bed so I can wake up in the AM and take a shower.

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment