Translator

Sunday, March 17, 2013

I hate uniforms. I always have and I have a new reason

Been a stressful past couple of days while I try to figure everything out. I only recently got my job at Domino's so I haven't gotten a full first paycheck, only something to help out to rent. My car payment is due tomorrow, so is my insurance, so I need around $530 to avoid a lapse in insurance and keep my car. Rent is due today and to make it last a week I need $186.

I've saved what I can but yesterday I got hit with the news that my pants that I've been wearing since day one were unacceptable. Why? Because it took them a week to notice they have very fine dark grey pinstripes that no customer could possibly notice when I drop off their pizza and run back off into the dark since I work the night shift. So to meet company standards I had to go out and buy a new pair of pants.

I searched high and low through every thrift store in town, and they don't have anything my size in what I need. If they had my size and what I needed, it wasn't black, which is what they have to be. So I went to Dollar General, they just didn't have anything. I went to Ross, hoping to find something, but nothing. I tried Target, saw the prices and walked out, there's no Marshall's near me, so I caved and went to Wal*Mart. I tried every clearance rack they had, but nothing. So I ended up having to spend $20 on pants and luckily found a pair of shoes that were work appropriate for $10. I almost bust tail at work in my old shoes, which made it get brought to attention that I didn't have non-slip work shoes. I still don't, but I wasn't paying $40 for a damn pair of shoes when I could spend $10 on new shoes with better traction than my old ones.

Again, I hate uniforms. That's $30 I could have towards my problems, but instead had to get spent on stupid clothing and shoes.

Other than the uniforms issue, work at the new job has been going great. I get along with everyone but this one Weasel, and that's because he's a slacker from Hell. He just walks around doing nothing until his drive is up and we're supposed to be helping out in the store when our runs aren't up yet. Like the other day I was folding the pizza boxes since the stacks were super low and he says to me as he saunters on over, "I guess I can make myself useful." Yeah, I guess you could, you annoying little rodent. He acts like doing any kind of work is a big chore for him and it's irritating. He's almost as new as me and he just acts like he owns the place even though he's really insignificant.

Other than that, the rest of the team is awesome. I kind of have a thing for this one guy, he's a red-headed mutt, who is brave enough to wear a kilt to a work meeting. He's a sci-fi guy and he's got a sense of humor, I mentioned being a football fan and he didn't act as if the world was ending, even when I named my team. He's definitely attractive even, but I see a ring on his left hand... Damned taken men being appealing.

Anyway, I'm venting to my fave folf right now so I'm going to get off of here and talk with him some more. He's going to be moving in with Nojuan and I to try to help out, and get his folfy butt out of FL.

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment