Translator

Saturday, October 19, 2013

While Nojuan is in the shower, I'm going to take this chance to give you guys an update as to what all's going on.

So, I got my store transfer. I'm now at the Baker Road store officially, and I'm really glad it happened because I'm happy again. I look forward to work again, and it's not threatened by worry that Tyler will be there, or that he'll show up. No more Tyler.

The best part about it? My improvements have actually been noticed by the people at the new store in such a way I'm getting props all over the place. If anything does come up it's a simple fix and I'm not treated like a piece of dirt over a small thing. The store manager, Jenny, she's such a sweetheart and she's super happy I'm there. So is Dillon, the assistant manager. Hell, even the other staff members are happy to have me there, so it's nice to be at a place I'm so welcome at.

To give you an idea, to finally put into perspective, exactly how bad it was at my store, and for how long it had been going on, I'm going to tell you about something that happened today. Dillon and I were busting our tails on the make line and while we're working he's telling me about how him and Jenny had been talking about me earlier today. He was telling me the different things, and he got to where he said, "I mean, from the first day you got here, your speed, your performance, has increased at least 4000 times," and I had to stop him. Because after how much I had been put down by my boss, the person who controlled my job basically, to hear this come from someone whose opinion matters in regards to my job stability, it was too much. I played it off in a playful way that he needed to stop or I was going to cry, but I meant it.

If he had kept going on, with anything else, I would honestly have cried because it was something I desperately needed to hear. That Tyler wasn't right, that I wasn't imagining my progress. From someone in a management position who needed to see it for the sake of my job. To hear it, was just too much for my abused morale. My work spirit has been so beaten down by the constant barrage of abuse by Tyler and his words/actions against my work, that to hear I was right about my improvements was such an elation I couldn't handle it.

When it died back down I had to go hide in the bathroom long enough to get myself back together from the pieces Dillon had almost crumbled me into without knowing it. I don't fully let my emotions show at work, when it's negative things, so they have no idea just how bad my emotional state has been over all this abuse. And I would rather keep it that way to be honest. I don't like having my emotions be out of control at work, it looks bad, it's not professional...

Anyway, going past that... Olive Garden ended up not happening because my friend was supposed to give me a ride, even said he would the prior night, then 15 minutes before we're supposed to leave for said interview, he backs out. He said he wasn't giving rides to anyone anymore since it was interfering with his personal life. Why the Hell he couldn't tell me that the night before instead of saying yes I have no idea. I could have found someone else. Or even if he had told me that day, way in advance of the interview so that I could have had longer than 15 minutes to find someone who could have given me a ride.

So I still have no second job, which I do still need until jenny can give me more hours, she has me working 4 days this upcoming schedule at least, but until she can give me more hours I need everything I can get. I don't know what my checks are going to be like, or whether they'll be enough for rent...

I don't even know what we're going to do about Monday and Tuesday. If I could make it until Wednesday then we would be fine because that's when I get paid, but I don't know where we're going to come up with the $60 (USD) to make it those two days. We're good for tomorrow's room rate, but after that, we're screwed unless $60 falls out of the sky. Like that would happen...

Anyway, so I had to pawn my laptop to get us until Sunday, so I don't know when I'll be able to give you guys another update. I still use my Facebook and Twitter, which are to the right on this screen, and I can access those from my phone, but not the blogger system. So keep an eye out there for little snippets until the next time I can hop on Nojuan's computer. I think I just heard the shower cut off so I'm hopping off of here so he can get back to what he was doing when he comes out.

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment