Translator

Monday, October 7, 2013

Today was ridiculous. God I hurt. I'm in so much pain it kills me to even lay down. I had my adrenaline going all day so I didn't even notice how much I was pushing myself until I got home and it was no longer pulsing through my veins. Now I wish I could just crawl under a rock for a little while. Maybe the pressure covering me would make me forget the pain for a little while...

So... Friday I told Tyler I needed to make sure I had the 12th off since I have jury duty, and he told me I'm only working Saturday and Sunday... Wait...What? So I asked him, why did I only have 2 days the entire week? Keep in mind folks, back on the 28th I mentioned to you guys that my boss was going to give me the assistant manager position when Kyle leaves, as of today as a matter of fact....

"Well, I'm bringing in a new guy, to do fill the assistant manager position." But... But I told him I wanted to accept his offer of me filling that spot. He knew I was going for it when Kyle was gone because HE OFFERED IT TO ME! When I told him, "Wait, I'm confused, I thought we agreed I was going to have that spot," you know what his response was? "Well, I don't have to train him. He's already an assistant manager at another store."

Rewind back to August... He had a store meeting, where he told us all he wanted to promote people from within the store, "So I don't have to hire people that are going to take away from everyone's hours. I want to train someone who's familiar with this store and the way it goes instead of bringing someone who's never seen the store."

"Well I don't have to train him.".... "I don't have to train him." "I want to train someone who's familiar with this store." HOW THE HELL DO THOSE TWO EVEN MATCH UP!? So not only did he lie to me just last week, he lied to everyone back in August.

I HATE liars. When we know each other, and you lie to me, especially about something as big as this, it shows me I can't trust you. I ended up talking to his manager, Mike, about what had happened because I needed to find out from him if he knew of any stores in our area that needed anybody on the inside sometime this week coming up so I can make some money somewhere. I already talked to the manager at the Baker Road store myself since I've been a driver at that store when they needed me before, and she managed to get me 2 days, but I still need one or two more days to even make anything count.

So now I work Wednesday, then Friday-Sunday total, which leaves me Monday, Tuesday and Thursday to work with at another store.  Mike actually cares about his employees so he told me he was going to try to get me in at the Canton Road store, and he's got the manager set up to give me a call either today or tomorrow to discuss the schedule together and see what we can come up with. Hopefully something comes from this, I can't keep stressing like this.

But at least I might be getting another car sometime soon, depends on how things work out to be honest. Kyle, the one whose spot I had been promised said he can help me out with getting one if I can pay him back bit by bit until Christmas. Which, if I get another car, I can get back on the road, and I can save up the money for him in no time. Plus if Tyler tries to fuck me over any further, Mike already told me he would make sure I was taken care of since he knows I'm a good worker, that I'm just going through a hard time right now...

Anyway, I'm going to try to go to bed, see if I can escape this pain for a bit. Thanks for listening to me.

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment