Translator

Thursday, December 19, 2013

So, as promised, I'm going to start trying to blog more, and this morning is a good chance to since I woke up well before Nojuan, and I'm able to highjack his computer.

Yesterday...was a very dangerous day... (Props if you know that cartoon phrase. If not, it's from a cartoon that was on when I was a kid, called Rocko's Modern Life. Saw a couple of episodes recently and all I can say is, "My mom let me watch that!?") Apparently I had a warrant out for my arrest and didn't even know it.

You see, back in August when I had my accident I was given a ticket for following too closely even though I hit someone after having a 15 foot slide due to everything locking up on me. I was originally given 60 days to pay it, but after Tyler had cut my hours so damn bad, by the time it was time to pay it, I could never save up the cash for it, so I had to get one 30 day extension. That was on 11-19. Now if you count 30 calendar days from 11-19, it happens to fall again on 12-19. So, with yesterday being 12-18, I think I'm paying my ticket a day early. It's only going to be $123 (USD) right? Nope.

Apparently, what the clerk didn't tell me when I went in to get my extension, was that it was due on the court date closest to being before the actual due date, which in my case was the 17th. The day before yesterday. So, the clerk tells me she needs to call an officer to arrest me since I had a warrant out, due to not showing up to court when I was supposed to and I'm standing there, panicking, on the verge of a major melt down. Thankfully she lets me know that I can pay the $70 fine for not appearing if I want to be able to not go to jail, but of course that $70 was going to go to our storage unit.

Which now means we can't even have our little Christmas tree to pretend it's Christmas with everything going wrong like it is. That was the one thing Nojuan wanted for Christmas, was to have our tree up, and we can't even do that. It makes me feel so down, and there's nothing I can do to fix it.

So I decided to take one the anti-anxiety pills mom sent me, and battled through the nausea/dizziness it causes to finally get to feel numb. I go to work, numb, and all day Dylan, as much of a sweetheart that he is, was trying to make me feel something. Well he eventually did, by having a diabetic crash, leaving me to a full screen that kept growing, and co workers who would rather talk than work. Of course after being depressed by Christmas being stolen by the government, the first emotion I do feel is absolute anger and irritation that never ends for the rest of the night. That lovely little pill was holding everything back and he had to go and shake it off of me.

And, to top things off, take a look at this crap. ----->here<-----. In case you're wondering what you're looking at, my mom, in Ormond Beach, FL, sent me a Christmas package, to KENNESAW, GA and somehow it wound up in NJ. How the Hell do you mix up Kennesaw, GA with PINE BROOK, NJ?

I'm just not meant to have a good Christmas this year, that's all there is to it. It's so stupid that the postal service can't even do their job right. There's not even an address like mine anywhere in NJ so there's no excuse for this. It had the address written on it in 3 different places as a precaution my mom took. She even paid for 2 day shipping and it got there on the 4th day so they couldn't even do that right.

I know, today isn't a good blog, but one good thing happened yesterday. I finally got my manager shirt in, so now it's obvious I'm one of the ones in charge to anyone in the store ^_^.

I'm going to hop off of here so I can deal with USPS on the phone. Someone needs to light a fire under their asses.

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment