Translator

Monday, December 30, 2013

I'm a bit irritated today. Over the last few days, at random intervals, my phone has been telling me this lovely little message: "SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem." IT'S THE SAME CARD THAT CAME WITH THE PHONE!

So I called Straightalk, who I'm usually on good terms with and they're telling me I need to format the card, and if that doesn't work I have to get a new card. Obviously. But here's the problem with that. The Wal*Mart near me doesn't carry the micro SD card that fits my phone. So I ask them if Straighttalk sells micro SD cards, since they obviously sell smartphones, and the answer is no.

So now that I've lost everything that had been on my card, I have to wait until Wednesday to order a new one, wait for it to come in, and HOPE it works. Because if it's just the phone being a pain, I'm kind of screwed because I have no way of affording another new phone again.

This is where I get super frustrated. I had a basic phone the last 4 happy years, and when it finally breaks to the point of me having to get a new phone, the cheapest phone with a QWERTY board is a smartphone at 49 (USD). The cheapest basic phone with a QWERTY board was 119 (USD) or so.

Because of the money situtation I had to get a new phone I had to go for a smartphone. I was content on never having a smartphone and then I had to select one, because as a driver at the time I couldn't go without a phone, and now I regret it. It's erased contacts at random points, now it's having me spend money to use it at full functionability because it blew an SD card apparently.

As soon as I can I'm saving up for a basic phone. Screw this smartphone crap. It's not worth it. Smartphones are obviously for people who can afford upkeep on a phone, and I can barely afford my home and bills.

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment