Translator

Friday, May 2, 2014

I have to talk about this... A friend of mine has been openly Transgendered since '06, and I'm happily the one he chose to come out to before everyone else. We had only been friends for 9 years at the time, and we're still friends, going on year 17 as of this June. I would not change one thing about him. He is my friend, no matter what he is because of who he is.

Until he came out to me, I honestly didn't know there was such a thing as Trans, because I was raised in a horrible home. Racism, homophobia, ignorance. It was all constantly shoveled down my throat but none of it stuck because my Grandfather made sure it didn't. From the time he came out to me, I accepted my friend, and something else happened...

I felt my heart break when certain events came from his coming out. It showed me what some Trans people go through with their friends and families, and I cried. I didn't just cry for him, I cried for others like them. I feel so horrible that those out there have to live in bodies not right for them just because their genetics went wonky on them and threw a curve ball they weren't expecting. I hate what all of them have to go through because it's not fair dammit.

And then today.... I found out that the people I have been fighting for, and standing besides, have started a new movement. Cishet hate... Why? Yeah, some of us are assholes and treat them like shit, but there are people like me. People who stick by them and protect them as much as we can.

I know not all Trans-folk are like that, but to those that are, why do this? There are plenty of support groups out there, and plenty of people who love you. You don't want people to hate you for how you were born, why do it to someone else? People on both sides of the line need to stop this kind of stupid behavior and accept one another as we wish others would accept us.

Signing off,
Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment